SF Boston is the latest forage plantain to the market in New Zealand. Because it is later flowering (at least 4 weeks later than Tonic) SF Boston can extend the period of productive growth in the summer period significantly.
SF Boston is suitable for both rotational grazing and set stocking.
- Deep rooted perennial herb with the ability to access minerals from within the soil profile
- Remains vegetative longer into the summer months due to late flowering
- Drought and cold tolerant
- Small seed size allowing low sowing rate
- Erect type with broad leaves and dark green in colour
- Rapid to establish
All stock types
1 - 4 kg/ha in a pasture mix or sow with clovers as a specialist crop
SF Boston can extend the period of productive growth in the summer period significantly because of its late flowering (at least 4 weeks later than Tonic), remaining vegetative longer into the summer.